Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Pleasant Surprise

One late, late night (or early morning) trip to the local Shaw's market, I was looking for munchies. Since I am monitoring my intake of sugars/fats, I was trying to find something that I wouldn't hate myself for eating half a box of in one sitting.
That's when I came across my current obsession:
Kashi TLC Soft-baked Cookies.
Not only did they look harmless and good for me, they were on sale.
So I grabbed a box of the oatmeal-dark chocolate and as soon as we got into the car, I ripped open the box and shoved one in my mouth (I was that hungry).
I wasn't impressed. So I let Adam try one.
He liked them, but he was vegan for quite a few years. So, he likes a lot of substitute foods that taste like cardboard and rubber.
So, I decided to try them again when we got home, since they are cookies, and I just can't let cookies go to waste.
I don't know what happened but I fell in love.
I think when I tried the first cookie, I was expecting the usual sugar overload accompanied with the smooth mushy texture once most cookies have been chewed a bit.
The chunky, whole grains and low lying natural sweetness that threw me off in the beginning was the very thing that won me over in the end.
The box was empty by noon the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment